Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Adding Articulation Stimulus Lists and Probes to your IPad

This weekend I went to go look and update my articulation stimulus lists I had previously created on my IPad, but  realized after I updated my IPad, the lists had been removed.  Wah!  The upside is it gave me the opportunity to do a tutorial on how you can create articulation stimulus lists, as well as individual student probe lists, using a couple easy features on your IPad.

Above is where I have started with recreating my articulation stimulus lists.  I have started with creating a /k/ stimulus list, as well as an example probe list for a student.  Below is an example of a stimulus list and picture for /k-/ in my /k/ stimulus list album.  The great thing about these albums is that the pictures can easily be scrolled through with the swipe of a finger!




Here are step-by-step directions on how you can create your own articulation stimulus lists and student probe lists.  This tutorial is done using an IPad 2.

1.  Using the camera feature on your IPad or the screenshot feature, find photos of your target sounds.  I like to go to the flicker website on my IPad and take screen shots of the pictures I find.  To find pictures on flickr, I just type a word in the search engine and up pop hundreds of wonderful real-life images.  To take a screen shot of your image, hold the button on the upper right hand corner and the home button down at the same time.  After taking a screen shot, you should be able to find the picture in your camera roll.  If you are using your camera, take advantage of real images by incorporating pictures of items around school or home.  For example, if they are working on /l/, take a picture of the library to place in your camera roll. If their sister's name is Rachel and they are working on /r/, have their parents send you a picture of Rachel to put in their probe list.  Nothing is better than using relevant and real life images.

2.  Next, click on your photo app.  See below for visual. 



3.  Make sure you have clicked on the albums tab on the top of the screen for the this step.  Next, click on the plus sign on the upper left hand side of the screen to add an album.  See visual below.


4.  Add your album title.  In the example below, I labeled mine /g-/ for an initial /g/ stimulus list.  After entering your album title, click save.

5.  The next screen should take you to your photos.  Click on each photo you would like to add to your new album.  When you click on a photo, a little check mark on the bottom of the picture should appear to show that you have selected it.  When you have selected all your photos, press the done button in the upper right hand corner.


6.  Tada!  You should now how a new album appear under your albums tab with the stimulus pictures you have selected!


I have a lot of work to do in order to replenish my artic lists I had created, but it is such a handy tool to have for quick and relevant practice words.  I tend to favor real life pictures with articulation practice and adding new words to the albums is really quick!  Hope you find some use out of this tutorial!

Happy Speeching!

-Courtney

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment