Sunday, December 1, 2013

Past Tense Cookie Sort

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted any materials!  I finally had some down time to create some materials over fall break.  

While I was at ASHA, I attended a seminar about morphology and why it is so important to address morphology during speech therapy.  One activity that was mentioned was a sorting activity for the past tense ending in the /t/ sound and past tense ending in  the /d/ sound.  This is such a simple activity, but it focuses on multiple components, such as past tense patterns, phonemic awareness, and it also helps with reading and writing patterns.  As a school-based speech-language pathologist, I am all about aligning my practice with the common core and getting more bang for my buck.  If I can find an activity that targets multiple skills and reinforces skills in the classroom, I am all for it!

I created Past Tense Cookie Sort with jazzing up the sorting idea in mind.

In this game, students can sort between future and past tense to help them learn what past tense is, between /t/ and /d/ endings for regular past tense, or between regular and irregular past tense.  This game comes with sorting jars and a set of six mice that will eat up all your cookies if you aren't careful!





Check out Past Tense Cookie Sort at my TpT store, here!

Happy Speeching!

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment