Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bear Snores On

Before winter break, my preschool kiddos and I read Bear Snores On.  I love the "Bear" series and they are great for targeting language goals!

I made a little cave out of a tissue box by painting it bronze (I would have used brown, but bronze is what I had laying around!).  I had a bear beanie baby and found a printable for the characters in the story here.


While I read, I had the kids place the characters in the cave as they were introduced to keep them engaged and to also work on naming/vocabulary for the animals.  We also worked on following directions following the book by having them listen to which animal I wanted them to put in the cave (put the bear in first, then put the rabbit in).  Prepositions were also targeted using the beanie bear and the cave (put the bear in back of the cave, in the cave, on top of the cave, beside the cave, in front, etc).

We also talked about hibernation since it is winter, but that seemed to be a little above their heads!

Happy Speeching!

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment