Thursday, May 9, 2013

Articulation Folders

This year I started creating articulation folders for all my students who are working on speech sounds.  They were a little time consuming to put together at first, but have saved me so much time in the long run.  Here is how I organize them:

The first page is a form I got from mommyspeechtherapy (which is a GREAT site by the way!).  It helps me keep track of what target speech sounds we are working on and at what level they have mastered them.  However, with many of my mild-moderate speech delayed kiddos, I am moving to the complexity theory to target speech sounds and am not necessarily using the traditional hierarchy of speech sound acquisition, which makes this form a little obsolete for their purposes.  But, it is appropriate for some my kids and I still find it very helpful! 

The next several pages are my data logs.  Everyone has their own way of keeping logs and data and this is just what I usually find helpful for some of my kids (I use different forms for language vs. speech).  I usually take data (tally marks for accuracy) on a small white board, then transcribe the percent into the log.  I hated looking back on notes and seeing a bunch of tally marks!  It drove me crazy!


At the back of the folders, I insert practice words of all sounds in all word positions.  I usually use my articulation apps or Superduper cards for practice (among other things), but if I'm running late or forget materials between schools, the practice words come in very handy!  They are also great when working with groups of kids since they all have their own folder and words.  I used sticky tabs for easy access.  The folder pockets work great for homework sheets as well!


There are definitely things I would want to change or add for next year.  Specifically, I would like to add a page to keep track of all my probe data so it is all in one spot.  Right now I have separate binders for each school that contain student information, parent contact log, IEP minute logs, and other such various forms.  Ideally, for next year, I would like to have all student data and information to be in one place.  I'm only in my second year, so I am still figuring out what type of system I like.  

How do you organize student information and data?

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment