Wednesday, July 31, 2013

September Articulation Home Practice Packet

One of my personal goals this year is to do a better job at consistently sending home homework with my students, as well as better educate the families that I work with on why homework is so important for success and growth in speech therapy.
 
To make sending homework a little easier, I started making monthly homework packets.  Here are just a few pages from the packet for your reference.
 


 
The packet includes a parent letter, homework log, monthly activity handout, word strips, mission speech possible strips, stamp sheet for word level practice, sentence level handout, and short story handouts.  All worksheets have one sheet available for custumization.  There are also worksheets for target sounds that are "ready-to-go."
 
My favorite component of this packet are the "Mission Speech Possible" strips.  There are five strips per page and all you need to do is write in a target sound and cut out one strip to send home each session.  They are spy-themed stips that would be fun and motivating for kids and there is little prep to sending home this type of homework.  Just cut the strip and go!
 
Check out more details about this packet and download the preview at my TeachersPayTeachers store here!
 
I hope to be creating a post about how I organize my homework materials once the school year gets rolling.  How do you organize and distribute homework?
 
Happy Speeching!
 
-Courtney
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a homework packet rather than many loose papers. Such a good way to keep things organized and easy to locate! Keep up the great work. :)
    Oh, and I also would like to nominate you lovely ladies for the Liebster Award (only one has to do it, if you'd like)... you can check that out here: http://lookwhoslp.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-nomination.html Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete